You can bring your iPhone back to normal functioning by resetting it to deal with issues, such as slow speed, short battery life, Wi-Fi not working, boot loop, etc. Though restoring a phone is one of the best ways to deal with an issue, it can also take away all your data. But, if a backup is available, you’ll not lose anything.
If you want to restore any of your iPhone devices of any model without losing data, back up your iPhone in advance. Here are three ways you can back up and restore your iPhone.
1. Reset iPhone via Fone Tool
Fone Tool is a PC-based iOS data management application that helps you backup your iPhone completely or partially on an internal or external drive.
Almost all iPhone storage, including images, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari, programs, and system settings can be backed up with Full Backup
- Launch Fone Tool and connect your iPhone.
- Choose Phone Backup > Full Backup and click Get Started.
- Turn on backup encryption >Choose a location to save the backup > Click Start Backup.
2. Reset iPhone via iTunes
iTunes can assist you in creating a comprehensive backup of your iPhone’s data and custom settings but you don’t have the option to choose which data to backup and restore. Also, the process will take longer to finish.
For iPhone Backup using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- After iTunes recognizes your iPhone, choose the Device tab.
- Choose Summary >To begin the backup, select This Machine > Back Up Now.
For iPhone Restore using iTunes:
To reset your iPhone, go to the Summary page and select the Restore iPhone option. When it’s finished, you’ll be asked to restore your iTunes backup.
3. Reset iPhone via iCloud
If you do not have a computer at hand, use iCloud to help you reset your iPhone without losing data. Before getting started, make sure there is enough iCloud storage to store the backup. Otherwise, the backup will fail.
For iPhone Backup using iCloud:
- Connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > Tap your account > Tap iCloud > Turn on iCloud Backup.
- Tap Backup Now to make a backup at once and wait for the backup to complete.
For iPhone Restore using iCloud:
- Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap Reset > Choose to Erase All Content and Settings to factory reset your iPhone.
- Set up your iPhone until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Select the right backup to start.
So, these were some ways to restore an iPhone without losing data. If you need professional assistance to reset your iPhone or iPhone Repairs Cheltenham, feel free to contact our team at Jazzy Mobiles.